2019-11-18

Lane Johnson Enters Concussion Protocol

Winslow Townson/AP Images
Philadelphia Eagles tackle Lane Johnson has entered the league's concussion protocol, head coach Doug Pederson said following Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Patriots, via Philly Inquirer.

Pederson said Johnson is in stage 1 of the five-stage return-to-participation protocol. As per league policy, it’ll require approval by an independent neurologist before he's allowed to return to the playing field.

Before taking a knee to the head, Johnson helped the Eagles to 10-0 lead in three drives. Without Johnson, the Eagles allowed five sacks and didn’t score again in the seven following drives.

The two-time Pro Bowler previously missed a game in 2017 due to a concussion.

Philadelphia is reportedly attempting to sign Johnson to an extension, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported last week. Johnson, 29, is signed through 2021.

Eagles (5-5) host Seattle Seahawks (8-2) Sunday.

Share this PostTwitter sharePin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This